RESEARCH REQUEST FOR PROPOSAL
THE LEIOMYOSARCOMA GLOBAL SCIENTIFIC THINK TANK
APRIL 24, 2020
Click here to access RFP Criteria
R E S E A R C H R E Q U E S T FOR P R O P O S A L
The International LMS Research Roundtable initiative, founded in 2018 by the National Leiomyosarcoma Foundation (NLMSF) with the collaborative support of the Sarcoma Patients EuroNet (SPAEN), was set up to proactively accelerate LMS-specific knowledge sharing, research and clinical trial designs to address the specific challenges of LMS. The workgroups emerging from within the Roundtable will be most valuable for contributing to this effort in advancing treatment options for the future.
The National Leiomyosarcoma Foundation’s Roundtable Executive Committee is pleased to announce Request For Proposals (RFP’s) for an award of $50,000 per year x 2 years for submission no later than August 3, 2020. The standardized protocol for this project can be found here: LMS Cell&PDX Workgroup
The selected research project will be announced at the 2020 CTOS meeting with full funding of the project by the NLMSF.
Thank you for your response to the RFP request.
Scott Okuno, MD, Executive Committee Chair
Seth Pollack, MD, RFP Administrator, Exec. Committee
Annie Achee, President, NLMSF
L M S I N T E R N A T I O N A L R E S E A R C H R O U N D A B L E W O R K G R O U P No. 1: PDX/CELL LINE Models for LMS
The International LMS Research Roundtable Mission: LMS-specific Research and Treatment focus
Mission and Of The International LMS Research Roundtable
A global initiative bringing together the Sarcoma Research Community for a collaborative focus on the future of Leiomyosarcoma investigational research/clinical trials with a mission of:
- Bringing together the sarcoma experts to have a focused meeting only on Leiomyosarcoma
- Discussing/Understanding the present state of LMS and the continued challenges of diagnosis/treatment
- Developing work plans to close the gaps/Improve LMS patient-care protocol
- Advising and directing the NLMSF on LMS precision research projects for solicitation and funding for 2020 and beyond
- The INTERNATIONAL LMS RESEARCH ROUNDTABLE is comprised of an NLMSF Executive Committee and 66 Members of the Roundtable in support of this initiative, conceived in 2018 and launched in 2019.CURRENT Workgroups within the Roundtable:1. LMS CELL LINES / PDX MODELS
2. PROTEOMICS /MILTIOMICS
3. GYNECOLOGIC (STUMP)
4. CLINICAL TRIALS ASSESSMENT
The NLMSF, SPAEN, and the LMS Community of patients and their families are most grateful for the membership of the International LMS Research Roundtable, coming together to make the difference for the future of survivorship.