The NLMSF, SPAEN, and the LMS Community of patients and their families are most grateful for the membership of the International LMS Research Roundtable, coming together to make the difference for the future of survivorship.
The International LMS Research Roundtable Mission: LMS-specific Research and Treatment focus –
“Where Purpose Meets Progress”
N L M S F - ANNUAL CALL FOR RESEARCH GRANT PROPOSALS
Mission and Of The International LMS Research Roundtable
INSTITUTIONS SUPPORTING THE NLMSF AND THE INTERNATIONAL LMS RESEARCH ROUNDTABLE:
N L M S F 2023 RFP Announcement: Call for Leiomyosarcoma Research Grant Proposals for 2024-2025 Funding
Request for Proposals: The National Leiomyosarcoma Foundation
Introduction : The National Leiomyosarcoma Foundation (NLMSF) is dedicated to meeting the needs of leiomyosarcoma (LMS) patients, caregivers and families through education and research. In order to facilitate advances in the treatment of LMS through research, the NLMSF is accepting proposals for pilot studies that will launch “out of the box” ideas and new research trajectories to move the field forward.
Find all the 2023 RFP details at this link. Click Here
Congratulations to the NLMSF Research Grantees for 2023 and 2024
McGill University, Montreal,
Development of the Multi-Omic Liquid Biopsy Assay
for the Pre-Operative Diagnosis of Uterine
Leiomyosarcoma and Benign Leiomyoma
German Cancer Research Center
A global initiative bringing together the Sarcoma Research Community for a collaborative focus on the future of Leiomyosarcoma investigational research/clinical trials with a mission of:
- Bringing together the sarcoma experts to have a focused meeting only on Leiomyosarcoma
- Discussing/Understanding the present state of LMS and the continued challenges of research/diagnosis/treatment
- Developing work plans to close the gaps/to improve precision LMS research and LMA patient-treatment protocol – SEE PUBLICATION: https://www.ncbi.
- Advising and directing the NLMSF on LMS precision research projects for solicitation and funding for 2020 and beyond
The INTERNATIONAL LMS RESEARCH ROUNDTABLE is comprised of an NLMSF Executive Committee and 134+ Members of the Roundtable in support of this initiative, conceived in 2018 and launched in 2019.
- LMS CELL LINES / PDX MODELS and PROTEOMICS/MULTIOMICS
- GYNECOLOGIC /STUMP
- CLINICAL TRIALS ASSESSMENT
- IMAGING STRATEGIES and RADIOMICS
Four focus Workgroups currently in progress. Interested Roundtable members are encouraged and welcome to participate in any of the following workgroups to support the goals of each:
- LMS Cell Line/PDX Models and PROTEOMICS/MULTIOMICS
Cultivating tumor samples and bringing forward the LMS tumor cell lines for research purposes. Collecting cell line data for sequencing of cell lines for collaborative analysis. Cell line and PDX data sharing for genomic analysis – now working with the Broad Institute. Workgroup leader: Dr. Matt Hemming; firstname.lastname@example.org
-Understanding the molecular basis of LMS to inform precision research and ultimately direct LMS specific trials. Also, group aims to addressing issues such as tumor heterogeneity and the development of metastasis, and response to treatment in the neo/adjuvant setting. Workgroup Leader: Dr. Joseph Carlson; email@example.com
2. Uterine LMS – Observational protocol for uLMS (Stump) to analyze relapse and non-relapse; evaluate data elements from sarcoma center data submission. Workgroup Leader: Dr. Roberta Sanfilippo; firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Clinical Trials – Tracking LMS trials to analyze outcomes and trends for ongoing and future trial design considerations. Workgroup Leader Dr. Bernd Kasper; Bernd.Kasper@medma.uni-heidelberg.de
- 4. Imaging Strategies/Radiomics
- If there are new LMS research projects in the pipeline currently or planned for the future, please contact Dr. Kasper, as his workgroup is tracking all clinical trials for further Roundtable discussions: email@example.com
- For newly published LMS specific articles or research updates that include LMS, please send a the title of the publication and link to: firstname.lastname@example.org for the Leiomyosarcoma.info research article archives, for up to date information by year.
Dr. Seth Pollack’s Grant Presentation at CTOS [Video Here]
Click here for: LMS Cell & PDX Workgroup Request
Researchers Call to Action- Request for Data:
LMS INTERNATIONAL RESEARCH ROUNDTABLE WORKGROUP No. 1: PDX/CELL LINE Models for LMS